Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Catching Frostbite in NYC


In the wise words of Destiny's Child,
"I'm a survivor,
I'm not gonna give up,
I'm not gon' stop,
I'm gonna work harder
I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it."

These were the words going through my head as I battled the 18F but feels like 7F temperatures of NYC this weekend. My goodness, I cannot even remember the last time I was SO cold! The wind tunnels were simply painful. However, I still cannot wait till I get my chance to live in the city for that year or so! I love all the restaurants, the entertainment, the people...ugh, it was sooo awesome!

If you sit back and check out my slide show above, you should get a pretty good idea of what Chenny and I were up to Friday night into Monday. Fun was had by all: lots of eating, art watching and of course FOOTBALL! One photo I would pay to go back in time and capture is the one I didn't take of Andy sleeping at the bar during the Superbowl...he is simply impossible to beat in the 'lame' department. *grin*

Anyways, back in Allentown and back to work on getting healthier as well as growing a kick ass research portal! Tootles for now...

2 comments:

Chee said...

Hey I'm glad you had a fun time in NYC. I can't wait to live there at some point either, would love to have tons of money though, since those restaurants are pricey. Hope you are keeping warm!

Marlis said...

Kat, you left Robert behind in CA? Shame on you. He is working while you are having fun! I wonder if you got any snow today (2/8). NY sure got a bundle: 7' in some places and 3 more feet tonight. WOW. Take care.