Monday, February 19, 2007

Things never turn out as planned...

So Valentine's Day ended up being an evening of watching TV with my housemates as their ski trip got snowed out. I had fun never-the-less and since they don't celebrate this wonderful holiday, I didn't feel out of place.

Over the weekend, I got to catch up with lots of old friends...Friday night I went over to Steph's house for an evening of pizza, beer and wine. It was awesome to see her and many people I've completely lost touch with. People brought babies, others were pregnant - amazing to see how people's lives change so quickly. As much as I can't wait to be a mom, I also totally CAN wait - I'm happy without the responsibility for now. However, many of my friends and family didn't exactly plan their children when they happened, including my parents, and here we all are with things working out. So perhaps my plan of living in Cali for another couple years, then moving to NYC for a year and then to Europe for another year before settling down might not exactly come out as planned...only time will tell.

On Saturday, I chopped my hair and caught up with my old stylist who cut my hair from high school through my first post college job. Talk about a long term relationship! I also got pizza with an old friend, Ebony and his girlfriend - nice time. In the evening, I caught up with yet another old friend, Adam Harvey, as he was visiting his parents in Princeton and we met for a late evening snack. My plan to meet up with Bill Bulman fell through as his cell was turned off all weekend - in fact, it still seems to be...or perhaps he's blocked me? Are there phones out there that allow you to set certain numbers that go straight to voicemail?

Anyways, it's Monday and the rest of my office is out enjoying a Holiday off. I planned to work in NYC with Jon but he decided in the last minute to take the day off and I didn't plan anything to do as a back up. So instead, I'm working today and planning to use the 'free vacation day' another time - more constructively. Once again, nothing ever turns out as planned...

In response, I raise my glass (of water of course) to spontaneity!

No comments: